Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Two Will Not Go Into One








Yesterday I found out the differnce between Solarline One and Solarline Two. My solar panels have the Solarline One connectors. Solar connectors have a new standard, I have the older version. Yesterday I found out the two are not compatible. The new standard is shown above; Solarline Two, the connections are simple they snap together but will not interface with the old version without an adaptor. The older version, that I have is shown below. Thanks to the internet and the wonderful guys at UPS I'll have the Solarline adapters that I"ll need to connect my solar panels to the new standard. This will be a small delay but I can work on other things. I will need the adapters so I can connect up to the Combiner Box.
Once I receive the adapters I'll be working on this Combiner box, it will take all the positive and negative wires from the solar array, as well as the ground connections and combine them so that there will only be two wires (positive and negative) to have to deal with. We'll be hooking up a DC Disconnect along the way but we'll have only a couple of wires to deal with once the Combiner box is done. The picture to the left shows the inside of our MidNite Solar MNPV Box.
If you look carefully there are clearly marked connections for PV Positive, PV Negative and ground connections.
Well, since I'm side lined and waiting for the adapters I'll be digging away a little more on my trench and I'll be drilling holes in the frame that will hold 4 Sharp 175W 24 Volt solar panels. Oh...and I'm back to visit the Building Inspector this morning. I don't want him to forget about my permit.



No comments:

Post a Comment