Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Swinging a Sledge Hammer




I should have taken a "before" picture today. The "after" doesn't tell the full story. I love the new battery bank location and easy access to the DC Box to the left of the bank.


I had to dismantle a table in the cellar that was in my way. The table was about 10' x 3' built the old fashioned way, solid, with 4 x 4 posts and 2 x 4's, plus, LOTS and LOTS, of spikes. My dad built that table. He builds everything solid, no short cuts. Spikes and solid have been his signature in life; if you do it, do it right, use the best stuff you can, and build to the best of your ability. He's 90 and he is still solid, in mind and body. Inferior stuff is not an option, he's right!!! I'm working on this project with the same attitude. I believe in spikes.

Using grunting sounds to help unleash explosions of power when swinging an old sledge hammer, I dislodged nails from the frame of the table. I used a crow bar to pry away the 4 x 4's from the 2 x 4's, more grunting, then I used the back of the crow bar that had a nail puller and I pulled away all the nails, grunt again!!!!! As a last step I pounded out all the nails from the separate pieces. The table that was in my way, is now gone....it's in pieces but it can still be reassembled. The space was necessary for access to the battery bank and clear space to the DC Electric Box. It took me a couple of hours and all the muscle I could muster but I did it!!!!!!!!!!!!! The cellar is clear and I now have room.

Woman, determined, again trimphs over obstacles in her way. My small solar power generating plant will now have the room it needs. I feel empowered....stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment