Thursday, September 10, 2009

Hazing Week: Sigma Sigma Epsilon





Please forgive me if there is a REAL Sigma Sigma Epsilon out there but I want to believe I have founded a "solar version", an energy independent sisterhood/brotherhood. I believe I am going through a sort of hazing. The pictures will tell you the entire story.










Sigma Sigma Epsilon, (SSE; Sisterhood/Brotherhood of Solar Energy)

Using my little muscles that power a mattock, a large iron bar, and a shovel, I toil. I bleed. I bruise and sweat everyday. I am paying my admission for the wonderful free energy from the sun. The reality is the pain but at the end of the journey I know I'll reap the benefits. My hazing week is digging the 18'' deep trench for the electrical wiring/conduit, all 66' feet of it....once I complete it, the big grunt work is done, I'm pretty much home free, with the building inspectors blessing I can then easily gain admission to "the club". New Hampshire has rocks. Everywhere I dig I encounter more rocks, big ones. Please look at the latest big one. I placed one of my dog's tennis balls in the right hand corner to give a proper perspective of the size. With 2 x' 4's and a lot of ingenuity and perseverance I got the rock out of my way. I will prevail...I am determined, no rock will stop me, I've never wanted to join a sorority, I only attended rush week for the free food but I DO want to join this free energy club.



This is not easily visible but I am down to the 18" level in MOST spots. (If you click on the photo it will give you a larger version and an accurate tape reading...I am THERE...18''.) I'm close to calling the building inspector for my first inspection. He works two days a week. If everything goes well I'll be calling him on Monday.





Small disclaimer:

  • I do not wish to imply sororities or fraternities use hazing as part of their induction ritual.
  • There are no baseball players that use performance enhancing drugs.
  • Bill Clinton truly did not understand the meaning of the word "is", while being grilled by Congress.

No comments:

Post a Comment