Monday, August 31, 2009

Digging for Sun


Even a Solargoddess gets dirty now and then and today the ditch digging began, and yes, I'm doing this by hand. It's not that bad so far, and I say so far, because this is NH and I know I may encounter some large rocks. I've seen them many times as a child in holes my mom dug. As a small aside, my mom was the expert ditch digger in the family, no job was too large or too small. She single handedly dug the hole for both a 275 gallon oil tank way back in the day when oil tanks were in the ground, and, a 500 gallon septic tank, yes that's right she dug them out by pick and shovel. This job will be a piece of cake compared to those jobs. I only have 55 feet to the solar panel frame at 18 inches deep, which is code. I'll bury the wire, encased in conduit that will run from the solar panels, combiner box and dc disconnect and it will run into the basment through the sill.



No comments:

Post a Comment