Monday, August 31, 2009

Shipments and a Trip to the Building Inspector!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

UPS and a Freight delievery today!!! The AGM 105 ah (amp hour) batteries arrived today along with a shipment from Alt-E that included all kinds of battery connects, wire, and a book that will help guide me. The picture on the far right is the Outback FlexMax 60 Controller....it will not only control how the batteries are fed but it will monitor the amount of energy we are harvesting from the sun. I can't wait to read the manual. It's programable and will hold history for up to 128 days.


Well..it was cool getting the shipments but things didn't go quite as well with the building inspector. I live in a small town and the building inspector's office is only open several hours a week so this morning and I had a positive attitude when I left the house. I thought I would write a check and I'd have the permit in my hand today, however after chatting for about 15 minutes I got the impression he's not crazy about giving me a permit.
I gave him a brief overview of my proposed project and left him with a USB stick that includes all the spec sheets of the Sharp Panels, complete Invoice from Alt-E and a small diagram of the set up. He asked me to fill out a bunch of paperwork for an electrical permit and a mechanical permit but I left without filling out a check...he said he'd "get back to me"....hummm'.

No comments:

Post a Comment