Sunday, July 18, 2010

Under the 1%

Am I reading this wrong?  It appears NH, along with other states will be able to limit the amount of alternative energy production that is eligible for net metering in the near future.  Take a look at the link below.  Under Program Overview/Aggregate Capacity Limit; 1% of utility's peak demand is noted.  If I'm reading this correctly, it means we are in under the wire but others who decide to net meter a few years down the road may not be as lucky...wow!!!!! 

Click Here

I'm certain it will not stall out the alternative energy train that's steaming down the tracks..there will be other ways to take advantage of all the alternatives but it reinforces my belief that NOW is the time to take advantage of all the federal and state incentives and the benefit of net metering for grid tied systems.

The feel good factor on this system is what I did not fully calculate into the project.  I knew it was the right thing to do, it's something my husband and I believe in and have wanted since the 70's but I had no idea it would feel this good to be on track now for a Net-Zero home.   
   

Today is another huge day for us, we are not going without our air conditioning, our daily showers, use of the dishwasher, daily load of clothes washing, TV etc and we another we bank MORE credits with our utility!!!!!   Wow this system just blows me away!!!!!  Our Net Meter was fully operational on Tuesday at 1:30 and we are just logging in the credits on a daily basis!!!!  I'll be tied real time soon and will be able to link the numbers we produce live to this blog.

Thanks to Fred Kelley and his "live wires", Rich Doucette and his team for being soooo smart, creative, and adaptable and Brian Pellerin for having such a great business model, a company that listens to their customers!!!!!   I love the independence, the "Freedom" that's part of Freedom Renewable Energy.











No comments:

Post a Comment